We’re looking for a part time editor to join our team. Come and be part of something new and exciting, where you can have a real impact from day one. By joining us now, there’s an opportunity to be a key part of our team as we expand across the UK.
We want someone as passionate about the student population as we are. If you want to help us create something that can help and inspire students, across all areas of their lives, then we want to hear from you.
- Overall responsibility of the content on My Uni Basics. Oversee and edit content produced by contributing writers
- Help drive the overall content vision of My Uni Basics
- Generate ideas for powerful and interesting content that students will want to share
- Find, recruit and help manage student writers, bloggers and contributors
- Liaise with sponsors and advertisers to curate featured and paid for pieces
- Maintain the integrity of the My Uni Basics brand
- Ensure the My Uni Basics tone of voice comes through all that we do
- Be a student or graduate
- Understand the current student population and what they enjoy online
- Have experience as a content editor/writer/blogger
- Have proven experience in creating content, proof reading and editing
- Have exceptionally strong writing skills with impeccable spelling and grammar
- Be able to build great working relationships with others – especially virtual teams
- Be highly organised and be able to manage multiple projects
- Be self-motivated - we’re a start up after all!
- People management experience. This could be through work or an extracurricular activity
- A love for social media
We expect this position to start at 20 hours a week.
To apply, email email@example.com with “Editor” as the subject field. We can’t wait to hear from you.