If you’re looking for a delicious pasta dish, this one is for you - it literally takes 20 minutes to whip up and is delicious! I like to make it in a big batch and store it in some tupperware in the fridge. I prefer to use pasta, but this dish also tastes great on top of rice and with a nice fresh salad.
Ingredients (Serves four)
- 400g lean frying steak
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Bell peppers
- 125g mushrooms
- 500g Pasta of choice (I recommend tagliatelle!)
- 1 sachet of Colman’s beef stroganoff
- 300ml milk
- Begin by heating a large pan with a table spoon of vegetable oil.
- Cut the steak into thin strips and slice up the onion.
- Add the steak and onion to the hot pan and fry for approximately 5 minutes or until the steak is no longer pink in colour and the onion soft.
- Add the chopped pepper and mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Mix the entire contents of the flavour sachet with 300ml of milk. Once blended, add to the hot pan and simmer for five minutes on a medium heat, until the sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for approximately 8 minutes, or 4 if using fresh pasta. Once al dente, drain and stir into the stroganoff mixture.
- Serve topped with fresh herbs or a nice green salad.